The East Mercia Methodist Circuit, as part of the Methodist Church, values every human being as part of God's creation. Everyone has the right to fair treatment and protection from harm.
Circuit Safeguarding Officer:
If you have a safeguarding concern, do contact our Safeguarding Officer, Sue Walters, on:
t: 07840 944500
Safeguarding Policy Statement:
The East Mercia Circuit as part of the Methodist Church commits to:
- The creation of a safe environmentand culture where all are welcome and everyone feels able to speak out about safeguarding concerns.
- Pastoral care for victims and survivors of abuse, and other people who have been affected by safeguarding issues.
- A prompt and appropriate response to every safeguarding concern or allegation regardless of status or circumstance.
- Carry out risk assessments and putsafeguarding measures in place where individuals may present a risk.
- Pastoral care for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations.
- Safe recruitment of all those who have responsibility for children and adults who may be vulnerable.
- The promotion of good safeguardingpractice through effective training, guidance, policy and procedures.
Safeguarding is Everyone's Responsibility
Read our full safeguarding policy here